Oasis500 holds networking event for startups
Amman, February 24, 2011
Oasis500, an early stage and seed investment company, recently organised a networking event which was attended by a number of entrepreneurs from eight startup companies it has chosen to incubate.
The event enabled participating entrepreneurs to meet with experienced and accomplished professionals from the Oasis500 Mentor Network who help guide up-and-coming entrepreneurs develop their projects to fruition.
As the Oasis500 Mentor Network’s first meeting, the event aimed at providing participants with the opportunity to interact with the selected mentors and benefit from their professional experience in developing their startups into successful businesses and avoid common pitfalls.
The session shed light on the extended experience of the Oasis500 mentors and included a speech by Tom Keller, managing director at Techstars, who discussed the importance of proper guidance for the success of a business.
The meeting also enabled the entrepreneurs to present their projects to the other participants, and interact with the mentors through designated booths, covering such topics as the most efficient methods to improve a business.
“We at Oasis500 believe that mentorship can be a deciding factor in the success of startups,” said Dr Usama Fayyad, CEO of Oasis500.
“It is exciting to witness such an overwhelming turnout of entrepreneurs who are interested in providing guidance to startup companies through the Oasis500 Mentors Network.”
Bringing together mentors and entrepreneurs, Oasis500 Mentor Network meetings will be held on regular basis to boost the success rate of startups in all fields, offering the personal experiences and expertise of Oasis500 mentors to transform the goals and aspirations of startups into reality.
Oasis500 will also provide project owners the chance to receive intensive mentorship for a period of six to eight months. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university