Dubal gets record job applications from Emiratis
Dubai, March 27, 2011
Dubai Aluminium Company Limited (Dubal), which owns and operates one of the world’s largest single-site primary aluminium smelters, said it received 2,470 job applications from UAE nationals at the recent 'Careers UAE' expo.
The 11th annual careers expo was held at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition centre from March 21 to 23 under the patronage of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Dubai Ruler.
The event is aimed at helping Emiratis meet directly with recruiters and hiring managers of companies, thus facilitating the fulfilment of the UAE’s Emiratization strategy.
“This is the eleventh year that Dubal has leveraged the opportunities presented by Careers UAE. Once again, the response was extremely positive, confirming Dubal’s status as an employer of choice in the region and a leading recruiter of UAE Nationals,” said Mohammed Ali Al Owais, manager: Organisation Development.
'As in prior years, students were able to enter their information directly into our database, making it readily available for use in identifying potential talent to meet our organisational requirements in terms of age group, background, qualifications and skills.'
'Live interviews were held with key candidates and a team of our recruitment officers were busy segregating the job applications received during Careers UAE by discipline and qualification, so as to compare them with our company’s needs,” Al Owais added.-TradeAraba News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'
- Bahrain to build new hangar for aviation students