CUD launches 2 bachelor degrees
Dubai, April 13, 2011
The Canadian University of Dubai (CUD), a leading university, teaching and research institution in the UAE, has launched two new bachelor degree programmes.
Its additional bachelor degrees in Mass Communications and English Language & Translation are designed to develop highly-qualified communicators capable of using information technologies and electronic media, a statement said.
The university’s Mass Communications program delivers total proficiency in the English language and familiarity with modern IT and multimedia tools. Enrollees have the option of specializing in journalism (print and electronic), advertising, and public relations.
The English language and translation tract, on the other hand, is designed for students who want to pursue careers in translation, education, advertising, marketing and other fields where advanced English communication skills are a must.
“Key educational reforms are needed to enhance student learning across the UAE and boost national achievement,” said Dr Muhammed Kabir, vice president of academic affairs for the Canadian University of Dubai.
“Our new programmes are designed to maximize the participation of youths not only in academe and business but in the socio-political context as well. The Canadian University of Dubai will continue to be actively involved in programs and campaigns that will take the quality of education in the UAE to the next level,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'