CUD launches 2 bachelor degrees
Dubai, April 13, 2011
The Canadian University of Dubai (CUD), a leading university, teaching and research institution in the UAE, has launched two new bachelor degree programmes.
Its additional bachelor degrees in Mass Communications and English Language & Translation are designed to develop highly-qualified communicators capable of using information technologies and electronic media, a statement said.
The university’s Mass Communications program delivers total proficiency in the English language and familiarity with modern IT and multimedia tools. Enrollees have the option of specializing in journalism (print and electronic), advertising, and public relations.
The English language and translation tract, on the other hand, is designed for students who want to pursue careers in translation, education, advertising, marketing and other fields where advanced English communication skills are a must.
“Key educational reforms are needed to enhance student learning across the UAE and boost national achievement,” said Dr Muhammed Kabir, vice president of academic affairs for the Canadian University of Dubai.
“Our new programmes are designed to maximize the participation of youths not only in academe and business but in the socio-political context as well. The Canadian University of Dubai will continue to be actively involved in programs and campaigns that will take the quality of education in the UAE to the next level,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games