Language teachers to share research
Al Khobar, May 4, 2011
Language educators and teachers focusing on instruction using English as the medium will share their expertise as well as the research with other professionals at a symposium in Al Khobar tomorrow (May 5).
Prince Mohammad bin Fahd University (PMU) will host the fourth annual Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Association of Language Teachers (KSAALT) symposium at its campus.
PMU, which uses the North American model of education, expects more than 250 delegates from all four corners of the world to participate in the symposium, a statement said.
Dr Suganthi Pricilla John from the University of Birmingham in the UK will present a keynote opening plenary speech, while the closing keynote/plenary speaker Dr James Simpson from the UK’s University of Leeds will mark the end of this symposium.
The symposium will also welcome four internationally invited speakers who will address on numerous issues of ESL/EFL and professional development programs amongst others.
The British Council in Saudi Arabia will also have its active participation in this one-day event. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'