Staff motivation key to firms' growth
Manama, May 17, 2011
The way companies manage their human resources in recent years has had to change - from fear management to inspirational management, said an expert during a talk at the Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
"Management has had to change to an attitude where it coaches people along," remarked Stepping Stone Global founder and president Jean Nicolai on Monday.
"Instead of pushing people for more effort, you now have to pull them along with you using leadership, consulting and coaching," Nicolai said, while addressing the members of Bahrain Businesswomen's Society.
He was delivering a talk on managing stress and emotions in the workplace.
"In the modern world there is no place for fear management. What we need now is inspirational management which people will follow rather than having to be pushed."
"Managers today have to look to inspire and motivate staff and concentrate on delegation and empowerment," Nicolai said.
"They have empower their people to optimise the available human potential and encourage them to take responsibility and ownership of what they do," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'