Zayed University, DAFZ ink jobs pact
Dubai, May 28, 2011
Abu Dhabi-based Zayed University and Dubai Airport Freezone (DAFZ) recently signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to promote cooperation in employment, internships, as well as training and research.
“We are pleased to be collaborating with Zayed University as it allows us access to a pool of talented students and further drives our mission to bring deserving Emirati candidates within our fold,” said Yousuf Behzad, executive director of Human Capital and Strategy at Dubai Airport Freezone.
According to the MoU, Zayed University students will gain priority access to temporary and permanent positions within Dubai Airport Freezone, provided they meet specific job requirements of the free zone.
Available roles will range from internship and summer work opportunities to full time employment. Zayed University students will also be able to participate in recruitment events like job shadowing and industry mentor programs.
Conversely, volunteer students and professors from Zayed University will participate in developmental projects like surveys, management studies, research and training.
In addition, students will receive information on academic programs, training schemes and career events so they can better plan their graduation and career path.
“This is a wonderful opportunity for Zayed University and clearly a big boost in our efforts towards producing job-ready graduates,” said Bryan Gilroy, assistant provost, Office of Enrollment Management at Zayed University.
“We are delighted to be in partnership with Dubai Airport Freezone and look forward to a mutually rewarding exchange of knowledge and opportunities,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games