First batch graduates from Masdar Institute
Abu Dhabi, June 7, 2011
Masdar Institute, which was established to develop indigenous R&D capacity in Abu Dhabi addressing issues of importance to the region, recently held the graduation ceremony for its first batch of students.
“The institute is the only research university of its kind in the region in terms of postgraduate specialization in the field of renewable energy and clean technology,” stated Dr Sultan Al Jaber, CEO of Masdar and chairman of the executive committee of the board of trustees of Masdar Institute.
“Through the research conducted by professors and students, Masdar Institute plays a major role in contributing to the shift towards a knowledge-based economy, in line with the directives of Abu Dhabi 2030.”
“The occasion will surely position Masdar Institute as one of the rapidly emerging hubs for education in renewable energy-related fields. We are proud to have played our part in creating the next generation of leaders in sustainable energy industry,” added Dr Fred Moavenzadeh, president of Masdar Institute.
Classes commenced for the batch at Masdar Institute in September 2009. The students are graduating after completing the two-year graduate-level science and engineering degree programs that focus on the study of alternative energy and sustainable technologies.
The first batch was selected on the criteria set in collaboration with Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Those selected were among 1,200 applicants from 77 countries, including a large number from the Arab world as well as residents in the UAE.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA