Alba launches award for top students
Manama, June 13, 2011
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), one of the largest smelters in the world, has launched an excellence award aimed at encouraging Bahraini students to reach their academic potential.
The Alba Academic Excellence Award, launched at the Othman Bin Afan Intermediate School for Boys, will be presented to three students from each of three academic levels, who have achieved grades of over 98 per cent.
The nine recipients will be selected from over 80 students at the school to have received such marks this year, following a series of intellectual and problem-solving challenges.
"As a responsible corporate citizen, Alba recognises that any support extended to encourage the academic performance of Bahraini youth is like making an investment in the future," said Alba chief executive Laurent Schmitt.
"Initiatives such as the Alba Academic Excellence Award at the school are aimed at nurturing talented youngsters to realise their potential."
The launch of the new award followed a visit to the school by the Alba Community Service Committee, who delivered a series of safety presentations and lectures. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry
- 80 Qatari youth complete leadership programme
- Qatar launches Josoor Institute
- Gess launches GCC education awards