Zain inks University of Bahrain deal
Manama, June 13, 2011
Leading telecom operator Zain Bahrain said it has inked a partnership deal with the University of Bahrain to develop its academic work and open new horizons for the students.
Under the deal, Zain Bahrain will pay BD49,000 ($129,963) annually for development of the Zain e-Learning Center at Sakhir campus as well as renting two locations for the installation of two communication towers.
The move comes as part of Zain Bahrain's e-Learning initiative, said a company statement.
The two parties also pledged to develop this agreement in a way that could serve the community, it added.
University of Bahrain president Dr Ebrahim Mohammed Janahi said Zain Bahrain is considered as one of the most important institutions that we are proud of its partnership in this national university.
'The company has, over the past years, contributed to many activities including finance for establishment of the Zain e-Learning Center, which transforms studying courses into electronic ones,' said Janahi, adding that this change is the future trend for many universities across the globe.
Zain Bahrain GM Mohammed Zainalabedin said the company always seeks the channels that develop the society at all levels, and there is no better place than the university in this regard.
“Zain Bahrain has employed many University of Bahrain graduates in its different departments, and the company is proud of their advanced performance,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam