Zain inks University of Bahrain deal
Manama, June 13, 2011
Leading telecom operator Zain Bahrain said it has inked a partnership deal with the University of Bahrain to develop its academic work and open new horizons for the students.
Under the deal, Zain Bahrain will pay BD49,000 ($129,963) annually for development of the Zain e-Learning Center at Sakhir campus as well as renting two locations for the installation of two communication towers.
The move comes as part of Zain Bahrain's e-Learning initiative, said a company statement.
The two parties also pledged to develop this agreement in a way that could serve the community, it added.
University of Bahrain president Dr Ebrahim Mohammed Janahi said Zain Bahrain is considered as one of the most important institutions that we are proud of its partnership in this national university.
'The company has, over the past years, contributed to many activities including finance for establishment of the Zain e-Learning Center, which transforms studying courses into electronic ones,' said Janahi, adding that this change is the future trend for many universities across the globe.
Zain Bahrain GM Mohammed Zainalabedin said the company always seeks the channels that develop the society at all levels, and there is no better place than the university in this regard.
“Zain Bahrain has employed many University of Bahrain graduates in its different departments, and the company is proud of their advanced performance,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry