School honours Batelco for sponsorship
Manama, June 14, 2011
Batelco, the leading telecom service provider in Bahrain, has received recognition from Abdul Rahman Kanoo International School (Arkis) for its sponsorship of a charity trip to Kenya for the school’s students.
Arkis students take part in a charity venture as part of their international baccalaureate programme, on an annual basis. Each year, the venture visits a different country and Batelco has sponsored a number of students each year for a number of years.
Batelco senior manager Marketing & Communications Maha Abdulrahman and Batelco public relations representative Hasan Al Maskati attended the event on behalf of Batelco and viewed an exhibition of photos and a video which detailed the activities and captured the special moments from the students’ trip.
Batelco Group general manager Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi said that Batelco was very pleased to support the Abdul Rahman Kanoo school students to enable them participate in such a worthwhile venture to support those less fortunate in underprivileged locations overseas.
“Batelco is committed to a comprehensive Social Responsibility programme and charity ventures such as this help develop a sense of social responsibility and global awareness in those who participate,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry