School honours Batelco for sponsorship
Manama, June 14, 2011
Batelco, the leading telecom service provider in Bahrain, has received recognition from Abdul Rahman Kanoo International School (Arkis) for its sponsorship of a charity trip to Kenya for the school’s students.
Arkis students take part in a charity venture as part of their international baccalaureate programme, on an annual basis. Each year, the venture visits a different country and Batelco has sponsored a number of students each year for a number of years.
Batelco senior manager Marketing & Communications Maha Abdulrahman and Batelco public relations representative Hasan Al Maskati attended the event on behalf of Batelco and viewed an exhibition of photos and a video which detailed the activities and captured the special moments from the students’ trip.
Batelco Group general manager Media Relations Ahmed Al Janahi said that Batelco was very pleased to support the Abdul Rahman Kanoo school students to enable them participate in such a worthwhile venture to support those less fortunate in underprivileged locations overseas.
“Batelco is committed to a comprehensive Social Responsibility programme and charity ventures such as this help develop a sense of social responsibility and global awareness in those who participate,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrain university campus project on track
- Tamkeen to host “A9eel in School”
- Women in Bahrain private sector jobs up 73pc
- Bahrain students develop water producing car
- AUD extends scholarship deadline
- HBMeU signs deal with Spanish university
- Bahrain 'to become GCC's knowledge hub'
- Jail for employers hiring runaways in Bahrain
- Illegal teachers in Bahrain face deportation
- Bahrain student makes history