Etisalat Academy wins training award
Dubai, July 24, 2011
Etisalat Academy, a major provider of training and development solutions in the Middle East, has won an award for ‘Excellence in Training’ at the recent annual Asia‘s Best Employer Brand Awards in Singapore.
Organised and managed by the Mumbai-based World HRD Congress, the event recognised various organisations from across the continent that have implemented best practices and set new benchmarks in human resource management. The advisory council comprised senior leaders in the industry.
“My vision for the Etisalat Group is that we will be amongst the top tier global operators, offering an ever-growing suite of diversified value-added services across an expanding group of operating companies stretching from the Far East to West Africa. Our people lie at the heart of achieving this vision,” said Mohammad Omran, chairman of Etisalat.
“We are already the employer of choice in our markets, where people from all nations and cultures have a home to creatively achieve, develop and carve out rewarding careers. The Etisalat Academy therefore is a strategic asset, through which we drive a key talent development strategy right across the Group,” he added.
“Etisalat Academy is very honored to receive this prestigious award. It validates the key strategic role we play in supporting the objectives of the Etisalat Group and reinforces that we are on a winning track, said David Brennan, general manager at the Etisalat Academy, who received the award from Phil Knight, global chairman for Asia’s Best Employer Brand Awards.
“We enjoy the challenge of providing targeted learning and development initiatives to our operating companies, each of which is different, done in part to their spread across 18 countries and different technology requirements. We look forward to another successful year ahead.”
The Etisalat Academy is a subsidiary of Etisalat Services Holding, which itself is a part of the Etisalat group of companies, which now stretches across Asia. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs