Darwish unit wins distributor award
Doha, July 30, 2011
Darwish Technology, the technological arm of Darwish Holding, has received the 2010 best distributor award for the Middle East region from Promethean, the British global leader in interactive education.
During the award ceremony at the annual International Business Partners Conference in Fiuggi, Italy, Eugene Viscovic, president of APAC & Emerging Markets of Promethean International, highly noted the Darwish Technology’s extraordinary achievements in the field of interactive education.
Ziad Asmar, executive director of Darwish Technology, accepted the award presented to them by the conference guest of honor; the famous international football referee Gianluigi Collina.
“It is with great pleasure that we receive this award which is a testimony to our organization’s competence, efficiency and commitment to world-class standards of excellence; as we are keen on constantly providing the best offerings and playing a vital role in the development of this sector,” said Asmar.
Darwish Technology has equipped over 1600 classrooms with interactive whiteboards covering about 224 schools in Qatar, and offered training to more than 6.000 of the schools’ faculty members, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Qatar to set up $99bn health, education fund
- Tamkeen hosts major graduation ceremony
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology