Bahraini pensioners get $199 allowance
Manama, August 6, 2011
All Bahraini pensioners are entitled to only a Standard of Living Improvement monthly allowance of BD75 ($199) and not a pay rise like government civilian and military employees.
This represents a 37.5 per cent increase in the wages of pensioners earning BD200 a month, to reach BD275.
Those with a monthly earning of BD300 will have their salaries increased by 25 per cent to BD375, said Civil Service Bureau (CSB) president Ahmed Al Zayed.
Bahraini pensioners whose monthly salaries are below BD300 represent 40 per cent of the total number of pensioners, he said.
The package is part of His Majesty King Hamad's recent directives to increase the salaries of civilian and military personnel and retirees to improve citizens' living standards.
The minimum salary for government civilian and military employees registered with the CSB will be BD402 and BD275 for retirees. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- 80 Qatari youth complete leadership programme
- Qatar launches Josoor Institute
- Gess launches GCC education awards
- Professional social media jobs urged
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Bahrain SMEs sector 'vital to economy'
- Bahrain to host entrepreneurship forum
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre