ENBD backs Dubai Cares campaign
Dubai, August 14, 2011
Emirates NBD, a leading UAE bank, has launched a corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative in support of the “Dubai Cares Girls’ Education Campaign 2011.”
Dubai Cares, a philanthropic organisation, is undertakig a drive to increase awareness of the importance of education for girls, and empower them within their communities in developing countries across the world.
The education campaign also aims to raise funds to support Dubai Cares programmes that address the gender imbalance in primary education.
Emirates NBD’s Ramadan debit card scheme will enable customers to donate to Dubai Cares, simply with the use of their Emirates NBD debit card.
As part of the debit card campaign, Emirates NBD will donate 50 fils, for every retail transaction carried out on an Emirates NBD Debit Card.
In order to join this campaign, Emirates NBD Debit Cardholders need to send an SMS with the code “SUPPORT” to 4456, a statement said.
Jamal Bin Ghalaita, group deputy CEO, Emirates NBD said: “In addition to facilitating charitable donations, this campaign is also expected to drive growth in debit card usage amongst Emirates NBD cardholders, which is one of the strategic objectives of the bank’s cards division.'
Through increased debit card usage, we offer customers the convenience of using plastic even for small ticket purchases, while enabling them to keep track of their expenditure, he said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- CTB/McGraw-Hill opens office in Qatar
- Monster Gulf to hold online career fair
- Bayt.com plans two virtual job fairs
- Sheikh Mohammed opens new college
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'