RAK FTZ teams up with BIT to run college
Ras Al Khaimah, September 15, 2011
Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone (RAK FTZ) has signed an agreement with Birla Institute of Technology (BIT) to take over operations from the Royal College of Applied Science & Technology (RCAST).
It has resumed admissions for the new school year, a statement said.
“We welcome this new opportunity to offer quality education to students based in Ras Al Khaimah,” said Oussama El Omari, chief executive officer of RAK FTZ.
“With BIT as the new operator, ensuring the academic direction and quality of the institution, we are confident that this new era in the college’s history is going to usher in an unprecedented success in academic excellence.”
As part of the agreement, BIT will offer academic programmes at the undergraduate as well as post graduate level. BIT aims to entice more students to enroll in the newly revamped university to increase its current 352 student population under the new management. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry