Bahrain plans 3 new universities
Manama, October 3, 2011
Bahrain will create three new private universities as part of a strategy to upgrade the academic sector and encourage leading foreign universities to open branches in the kingdom, said Education Minister Dr Majid Al Nuaimi.
The Higher Education Council's general-secretariat has finalised procedures to authorise them.
The panel rejected several other applications to open private universities for failing to meet terms. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Tamkeen to host “A9eel in School”
- Women in Bahrain private sector jobs up 73pc
- Bahrain students develop water producing car
- AUD extends scholarship deadline
- HBMeU signs deal with Spanish university
- Bahrain 'to become GCC's knowledge hub'
- Jail for employers hiring runaways in Bahrain
- Illegal teachers in Bahrain face deportation
- Bahrain student makes history
- ADU announces tuition fee freeze for 2013-14