UOWD English testing system in top five
Dubai, October 6, 2011
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Centre at University of Wollongong in Dubai (UOWD) has been named among the top five out of 58 audited Australian IELTS centres around the network.
This is in accordance with an audit conducted by IDP, the world’s largest student placement and English Language testing services provider.
The UOWD IELTS Centre was recognized in Best Audit category along with University of Auckland, New Zealand; Griffith English Language Institute, Queensland, Australia; Students International, Vladivostok, Russia and Islamic Azad University, Tehran.
The nominations were based on meeting the compliance standards and achieving service excellence.
UOWD, one of three authorized IELTS centres in the UAE, is a popular venue because it provides registration and test at a single venue on the same day.
“UOWD conducts regular IELTS tests, which are compulsory for students seeking admission to universities accredited by the UAE Ministry of Education and Scientific Research," said Shanae Reed, head, Centre for Language and Culture, UOWD.
"On an average, some 5,000 students appear for the IELTS tests. We are thrilled to have been singled out by IDP for this international recognition,” – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry