CUD extends architecture course
Dubai, October 18, 2011
The Canadian University of Dubai (CUD), a leading research and teaching institution in the UAE, has added another year to its Bachelor of Architectural Studies programme, making it a five-year programme.
The programme fulfils membership requirements for various engineering and architecture associations in the UAE and the region. The new program was specifically developed to satisfy the architecture education requirements in the UAE as well as in North America, a statement from the university said.
The university also revealed that its four-year Bachelor of Science in Interior Design program meets membership criteria of interior design associations regionally and internationally.
Both programs, offered by the School of Architecture and Interior Design, are fully accredited by the UAE Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MOHESR), the statement said.
Dr Muhammed Kabir, vice president, Academic Affairs for the Canadian University of Dubai, said: “Architecture, being a licensed discipline worldwide, requires all practicing professionals to hold a permit from the respective licensing authority of the country, and this is applicable in the Middle East region and globally as well. Thus, adding a year to our architecture program significantly enhances the value of our course offering as it opens up numerous career opportunities for the graduates.”
“Moreover, we have several experienced international faculty who are part of our architecture and interior design programs, ensuring that world-class standards in education are maintained,” he said.
Established in 2006, the Canadian University of Dubai consists of the School of Business, School of Liberal Arts & Sciences, School of Architecture and Interior Design, School of Engineering, Applied Science and Technology, and School of Environment and Health. The university offers undergraduate and graduate programs accredited by the MOHESR.
At present, CUD serves 1,700 students from over 86 nationalities at its Dubai campus that is strategically located in the heart of Dubai’s financial, business and tourist district, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games