Bahrain labour authority fees total $747m
Manama, December 31, 2011
Total fees collected by Bahrain’s Labour Market Regulatory Authority (LMRA), since a Cabinet decision in 2008, has reached BD282 million ($747.96 million).
The fees are levied on employers for work permits and renewals, residence permits for expatriate workers’ family members and foreign business owners.
The LMRA collected BD30,237,486 in 2008, BD99,359,611 in 2009, BD96,620,191 in 2010 and BD56,332,671 until October 2011, Labour Minister Jameel Humaidan said in reply to a question by MP Mohammed Al Amadi, reports our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry
- 80 Qatari youth complete leadership programme
- Qatar launches Josoor Institute
- Gess launches GCC education awards
- Professional social media jobs urged