Institute forms PMU IEEE student branch
Al Khobar, March 12, 2012
The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) has formed a student branch at the Prince Mohammad Bin Fahd University (PMU) campus.
The branch has been established under the auspices of the College of Computer Engineering & Science (CCES) at PMU
The internationally recognised organisation supports academic endeavors in science and technology.
The institute said the technical and professional excellence which PMU IEEE Student Branch expects to bring alongside promoting the efforts of this college would be recognised internationally.
Dr Dilek Dustegor from CCES at PMU has been appointed the faculty advisor of the branch. She will explore various avenues for best utilisation of the new association to benefit the student community.
Formation of PMU IEEE Student Branch in this university is considered a towering step. The activities and future plans are worked out to fruition this attempt, the statement said.
The PMU IEEE student branch plans to form many affinity groups including women in engineering group besides organising the IEEE Regional Student Conferences to promote the activities.
Membership of IEEE comprises of engineers, computer scientists, software developers and large number of IT professionals.
PMU now has a new avenue to guide its CCES and all interested students to attain professional traits post launching of PMU IEEE student branch in its campus. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'
- Bahrain to build new hangar for aviation students
- Wataniya sponsors graduation event
- 16 WCMC-Q students complete programme
- AUS, du ink $1.36m scholarship agreement
- Emal to pursue Emiratisation at Fujairah fair
- Job opportunities set to rise 3pc in UAE
- GCC nationals get ‘much support’ from government