Du multimedia lab opens at Zayed University
Dubai, March 20, 2012
The du multimedia lab at Zayed University in Dubai was officially opened today by Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Higher Education and Scientific Research, and president of Zayed University.
The multimedia lab is part of UAE telecom company du’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) efforts to support education through practical, vocational-oriented learning for students in the UAE.
In 2011, the telecom company collaborated with Zayed University to provide technical support for the College of Communication and Media Sciences by developing multimedia labs on the Dubai and Abu Dhabi campuses.
Sheikh Nahyan stressed upon the importance of community partnerships between universities and industry leaders, to give students invaluable experience in work-like environments prior to graduation, in line with the UAE leadership’s vision.
The lab is equipped with state-of-the-art technical infrastructure and software, for the benefit of the university’s students and faculty. Du has created a channel exclusively for Zayed University, so that students can start broadcasting programmes and interviews.
On this occasion, a competition for students was also announced. Their entries will translate du’s fifth anniversary into a 55 second video, with winners to be announced soon. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'