Etihad to recruit 400 Omanis this year
Abu Dhabi, April 16, 2012
Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, has launched a recruitment drive in Oman to hire 400 new Omani employees by the end of 2012.
More than 3,000 applications have already been received for various positions throughout the airline and the drive continues to stir considerable response in the Sultanate.
The recruitment campaign is part of a four-year plan to increase the number of Omani Nationals employed by the airline in support of its growth plans around the world.
Jobs being offered span the spectrum of the airline's operations including cabin crew positions, maintenance jobs and managerial positions.
Etihad Airways’ various training programs including the graduate manager, technical engineering, cadet pilot, finance development, airport ground service agent and call centre agent programs have also proved very popular with the applicants.
As part of the drive, Etihad Airways has been conducting regular open days and participating in major career fairs throughout the Sultanate. At the Sultan Qaboos University career fair last month more than 300 applications were received.
Ray Gammell, Etihad Airways chief people and performance officer, said: “Identifying and attracting talent, globally and locally, has always been imperative to our success.”
“The Omani workforce is renowned for its skills and knowledge levels and we are delighted to offer eligible Omani nationals the opportunity to join Etihad Airways. Prospective Omani job seekers interested in applying should visit careers.etihadairways.com for application details,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA