Top firms eye UAE talent at career fair
Al Ain (UAE), April 30, 2012
Several major companies and educational institutions are in the UAE to take part in the Al Ain Education & Career Fair with an eye on Emirati talent.
The event opens today and will run till May 2 at the Al Khabisi Wedding Celebration Hall in the UAE garden city.
The career fair will provide a dual platform for education providers seeking students, and leading employers searching for talented UAE Nationals in an effort to fulfill their Emiratisation quotas, said the event organisers.
Emirati job-seekers and school leavers contemplating their future career direction and educational aspirations will be presented with a powerful platform at the career fair.
The UAE Presidential Guard – diamond sponsor of the event – and gold sponsors Etihad Airways, Adnoc, Etihad Rail, and Etisalat, will all have a number of positions available for Emiratis as they look to keep their Emiratisation targets for the remainder of 2012 well in their sights.
Other major employers signed up this year include the Abu Dhabi Food Control Authority, Mubadala Aerospace, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, Abu Dhabi Farmers Services Centre, and General Holding Corporation, the UAE’s largest industrial conglomerate, whose companies include Emirates Steel, Arkan, Agthia and the National Petroleum Construction Company.
Meanwhile, Emirati students will be able to meet several major universities and training institutions from across the UAE and further afield from as far away as UK, Turkey, India and the US where they can explore their higher education opportunities.
The major ones at the career fair include the University of Wollongong in Dubai, Kaplan University US, Heriot-Watt University Dubai, University of Lincoln UK and RIT Dubai, along with local private universities University of Jazeera, Al Hosn University, University of Sharjah, and Al Ghurair University.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- UAE companies set to hire more freshers
- Gulf education expo brand enters Mexico
- Nasdaq Dubai to provide Claritas preparation course
- Alhosn hosts architectural expo in Abu Dhabi
- University in pay row with Bahraini faculty
- Bahrain to host novel protocol training programme
- Bahrain jobless rate 'very low'
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle