Bahrain varsity holds stock trading classes
Manama, May 7, 2012
The Kingdom University-Bahrain has completed a series of educational workshops at the Bahrain Financial Exchange (BFX) training centre, the BFX Training Institute.
As part of the university's approach to provide students with practical training to support their academic curriculum, the university concluded a set of hands-on training programmes conducted at the BFX.
As a pioneering multi-asset exchange in the Mena region, the workshops focused on understanding the financial derivatives markets from theory to a live practice on the BFX trading platform.
"Such training initiatives with financial institutions like the BFX provide a significant added value to students' learning path, and we thank the BFX team for their hard work and commitment in delivering such a productive and practical workshop to our student," said Kingdom University associate professor and Dean Dr Iqbal Thonse Hawaldar.
The training was a two-day educational programme, which enabled more than 50 students graduating in the field of banking and finance to experience live trading at the heart of the exchange. – Trade Arabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bayt.com adds company profile feature
- Bahrain calls for empowerment of women
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent