University holds awards recognition event
Doha, May 9, 2012
Northwestern University in Qatar recently held an awards recognition lunch at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Doha, for graduating students in Journalism, Communication, Liberal Arts, Student Leadership, Media Achievement, and the Dean’s Award.
University president Morton Schapiro presented the awards to the students, a statement from Northwestern said. He also recognised NU-Q’s Latin honour students.
Benazir Karim, the senior valedictorian, presented a speech to the assembled international guests, NU board of trustees members, faculty, staff, students and family.
The Qatar-based media school will graduate its first class of journalism and communication students on May 9. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrain plans to boost employment for women
- Arab education summit concludes in Amman
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'
- Bahrain to build new hangar for aviation students
- Wataniya sponsors graduation event
- 16 WCMC-Q students complete programme
- AUS, du ink $1.36m scholarship agreement