University holds awards recognition event
Doha, May 9, 2012
Northwestern University in Qatar recently held an awards recognition lunch at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Doha, for graduating students in Journalism, Communication, Liberal Arts, Student Leadership, Media Achievement, and the Dean’s Award.
University president Morton Schapiro presented the awards to the students, a statement from Northwestern said. He also recognised NU-Q’s Latin honour students.
Benazir Karim, the senior valedictorian, presented a speech to the assembled international guests, NU board of trustees members, faculty, staff, students and family.
The Qatar-based media school will graduate its first class of journalism and communication students on May 9. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry