SGH-Dubai showcases job prospects
Dubai, May 22, 2012
The Saudi German Hospital-Dubai recently held the sixth edition of its Employers Day, showcasing the hospital’s attractions to prospective graduates.
“This event is just what the doctor ordered. It gave us a platform to introduce our hospital as a socially responsible, regionally admirable and globally commendable organization,” said Dr Mohaymen Abdelghany, CEO of Saudi German Hospital-Dubai.
“Communication is a two-way road, so we were not just marketing Saudi German Hospital-Dubai but also listening to the students’ viewpoints. It was truly refreshing to hear their perceptions of medical careers.”
“What I found most remarkable is that students are no longer looking at hospitals as just a place associated with negativity like diseases. Instead, they now see hospitals as places bubbling with positivity: it’s where new babies embark on the first chapter of their lives, and it’s also where patients regain their fitness and vitality to lead normal lives again,” he added.
“From an employment point of view, students now see hospitals as a source of livelihood, where top notch professionals make a living and bring joy to countless people,” Dr Abdelghany concluded.
The healthcare sector in the Mena region is gearing for a vigorous expansion of 14 per cent per year in job opportunities, a statement said.
This forecast is amplified by the fact that support occupations worldwide will expand by 34.5 per cent until 2020, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Deloitte in Islamic finance deal
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis