SGH-Dubai showcases job prospects
Dubai, May 22, 2012
The Saudi German Hospital-Dubai recently held the sixth edition of its Employers Day, showcasing the hospital’s attractions to prospective graduates.
“This event is just what the doctor ordered. It gave us a platform to introduce our hospital as a socially responsible, regionally admirable and globally commendable organization,” said Dr Mohaymen Abdelghany, CEO of Saudi German Hospital-Dubai.
“Communication is a two-way road, so we were not just marketing Saudi German Hospital-Dubai but also listening to the students’ viewpoints. It was truly refreshing to hear their perceptions of medical careers.”
“What I found most remarkable is that students are no longer looking at hospitals as just a place associated with negativity like diseases. Instead, they now see hospitals as places bubbling with positivity: it’s where new babies embark on the first chapter of their lives, and it’s also where patients regain their fitness and vitality to lead normal lives again,” he added.
“From an employment point of view, students now see hospitals as a source of livelihood, where top notch professionals make a living and bring joy to countless people,” Dr Abdelghany concluded.
The healthcare sector in the Mena region is gearing for a vigorous expansion of 14 per cent per year in job opportunities, a statement said.
This forecast is amplified by the fact that support occupations worldwide will expand by 34.5 per cent until 2020, it added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Oman Air to invest heavily in staff training
- Gulf states at forefront in education technology
- Tamkeen to support 22 firms at expo
- Corporate culture 'plays vital role'
- Bahrain to build new hangar for aviation students
- Wataniya sponsors graduation event
- 16 WCMC-Q students complete programme
- AUS, du ink $1.36m scholarship agreement
- Emal to pursue Emiratisation at Fujairah fair
- Job opportunities set to rise 3pc in UAE