Epicor to launch latest HCM solution
Dubai, July 3, 2012
Leading business software solutions company, Epicor Software Corporation, has announced the launch of the latest version of its award-winning human capital management (HCM) solution, Epicor HCM version 5.7.
The latest release of Epicor HCM, set to release this summer, will deliver functional improvements, focused on global framework and web services, designed to streamline processes and better manage a diverse workforce, a statement from Epicor said.
Epicor HCM is a complete human resource information system (Hris) that automates HR processes, enabling companies to track, manage and analyse employee data throughout the entire employee lifecycle.
With the evolving workforce, human capital management continues to become more impacted by business processes from across the organisation. “Forrester expects this market (for HR/HCM applications) to grow at a composite rate of 8.3 per cent through 2014, hitting almost $12 billion,” according to an independent report.
From small businesses to large multinational companies that range in size from 100 to more than 100,000 employees, Epicor HCM adapts to all levels by supporting a full range of services for deployments, the statement said.
The latest release of Epicor HCM will expand the global framework to configure data fields that reflect the appropriate format based on a user’s location. Ready for personalised and effective collaboration, the framework will customise the ability to show or even hide certain fields, depending on the country, it said.
Users will have the ability to translate field labels, field content and reports in supported languages - English, French-Canadian and Spanish.
“The enhanced global framework is the cornerstone to expand future capabilities for localisation and translation, helping reduce time and costs for our customers,” said Diana Van Blaricom, senior product marketing manager, human capital management solutions for Epicor. “We are committed to continually providing customers with enhanced tools to cultivate and strengthen the workforce worldwide.”
For more personalised tools, Epicor HCM now includes ‘deferred authentication’ which uses a web service to validate the users’ credentials to the customer's active directory server and securely store the domain user name and password, without the need to keep users constantly linked to the other side.
The “service draft-web services’ feature will allow customers to gain all the benefits of task logic for inserting or editing data, without having to run a task from the front end.
Additionally, leveraging enhanced web services capabilities of Epicor Service Connect business integration platform enables Epicor HCM to access Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP) payroll for check processing including personal pay rate, benefit deduction and direct deposit information to help streamline processes.
“Customers should first choose the HCM applications that best fit their business needs, then choose a delivery model,” according to a recent report from Gartner.
“Epicor HCM is designed to meet the unique needs of a company’s requirements, without compromising the functionality to build and maintain a high-performance organisation,” Blaricom said.
“Epicor provides the broadest flexibility for implementing the solution - on-demand as software as a service (SaaS) subscription, hosted or on-premise license - including an entry-level option Epicor HCM Express, designed for rapid implementation focused on core HR capabilities. It offers the same intuitive user interface. As an organisation grows and business requirements evolve, they can seamlessly move to access the broader functionality of the HCM suite allowing for expanded use and easier adoption throughout the whole company.”
The latest version will be available as an integral part of the Epicor enterprise resource planning (ERP) suite, as well as an independent, end-to-end solution.
Featuring core HR functionality, recruitment, reporting and analytics, talent management, self service, and strong multinational capabilities, Epicor HCM enables companies to spend more time managing their talent instead of managing their data. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools