DIFF career event to offer temporary jobs
Dubai, September 10, 2012
The Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) will offer more than 300 temporary positions for UAE residents and nationals across different departments of the event during its annual Career Fair on September 13.
The Career Fair at the Knowledge Village Conference Center offers opportunities across a broad range of departments including marketing & events, operations, human resources & administration, programming administration & film services and guest relations & hospitality, among others.
The DIFF team will lead two presentations at 10am and 3pm for prospective applicants to learn more about the opportunities available, and responsibilities involved, in being part of a major international film festival and all interested applicants must attend one of the two presentations. Potential recruits will also hear about first-hand experience from past DIFF team members.
Mohammed Al Housani, senior manager Human Resources and Administration, DIFF, said: “DIFF aims to be a leader in creative and cultural discovery and is always in search of motivated and dynamic individuals to join its team. DIFF’s annual Career Fair provides a platform for enterprising individuals to develop their careers and provide a meaningful contribution to the UAE.”
Each year, more than 300 staff joins the ranks of the festival, in roles lasting from two weeks to three months. Candidates seeking a role are encouraged to focus their applications and efforts on one preferred team or department.
Submissions executive, Mahmoud Abu Eida who since attending the Career Fair now has a permanent position, said: “I went along to the Career Fair in 2010 and was delighted to be offered a temporary position at the festival. I was offered a full-time permanent position and two years on I am building a career at a dynamic, innovative company where each day is a lot of fun.”
All applicants must be over 21 years of age, UAE nationals or residents of the UAE, and must attend one of the two presentations scheduled for 10am and 3pm on September 13, a DIFF statement said.
The Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) is the leading film festival in the Middle East and Africa.
Since its inception in 2004, DIFF has served as an influential platform for Arab filmmakers and talent at an international level, by spearheading the cinema movement in the region.
The ninth edition of DIFF is set to take place from December 9 to 16. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games