Alba backs Bahrain career expo
Manama, November 6, 2012
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba) is playing a key role as a platinum sponsor at the Career Expo 2012, which opened today (November 6) at the Bahrain International Convention Centre.
Career Expo 2012, being held under the patronage of Deputy Prime Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa and organised by the National Society for the Support of Education & Training, will run till November 8.
More than 9,000 students are expected to attend the event that provides a platform for young people to know about career opportunities as well as learn how their skills can match requirements in the job market.
Alba's platinum sponsorship support for career expo underlines its readiness to back initiatives that enable young Bahrainis to learn of job openings, acquire vocational skills and gain opportunities for professional growth, said a top official.
The Alba stand at expo will provide student visitors and their parents with information about career opportunities in the aluminium industry as well as gain insights on what it takes to work in the fourth largest single site smelter in the world.
Commenting on the sponsorship, Alba’s chief support function officer Basem Al-Sharqi said, "As one of the key anchors to Bahrain’s industrial and economic resurgence, Alba is widely regarded as an employer of choice by many Bahrainis."
"And not surprisingly, today, 87 per cent of our workforce comprises Bahraini nationals who have played a role in transforming the company from a regional player to one of the world’s largest aluminium producers. Our support for Career Expo reflects our passion for building a future for young Bahrainis and imparting them with skills that will help them to become future leaders," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs