Tamkeen readies $526m for SMEs projects
Manama, November 17, 2012
Bahrain's labour fund Tamkeen has allocated BD199.5 million ($526 million) as part of its operational plan for this year to fund small and medium enterprises (SMEs), up from BD166.5 million ($438 million) last year, said a report.
Tamkeen has issued over 100 professional certifications and launched 24 individual projects in addition to 47 medium and small schemes, said a report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The fund has also helped over 1,000 enterprises to take part in local and international exhibitions. A BD10 million Enterprise Support Fund targeting more than 2,000 distressed enterprises has also been set up, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair