CFA Institute to host regional seminars
Manama, December 3, 2012
Bahrain-based CFA Institute will play host the first of a series of planned regional seminars targeting professionals based in the Middle East who work in the financial industry.
Organised by the institute, the global association of investment professionals, together with CFA Bahrain, its local society in Bahrain, each event will include presentations from leading regional and international speakers who will discuss a range of topical trends and issues affecting the financial and investment sectors.
Targeting CFA Charterholders and members, the seminar is also open to the public, a statement from the institute said. Subsequent events are also being planned for UAE and Kuwait. The event will be held on December 11 at the Intercontinental - Regency Hotel.
Presentations will include Dr Venkatraman Anantha-Nageswaran, head of investment research (Asia) at Bank Julius Baer, who will discuss the global markets outlook, the growth-inflation outcome in the world and its affect on various asset classes and their return generating potential.
Luc D’Hooge, CFA, head of global bond funds at Dexia Asset Management, who will look into the emerging and frontier markets, the reaction of central banks to capital flows and the future of the global economy.
Xu Sitao, chief representative of the Economist Group in China and director of Advisory Services for Economist Corporate Network in China who will focus on the opportunities and risks for investing in China and other emerging markets in 2013.
Speaking ahead of the event, Lamees Al Baharna, vice president of CFA Society Bahrain, said: “This is a great opportunity for anyone who is interested in the views of some of the leading investment minds in the market. As the kingdom’s financial markets continue to grow and mature our intention is to host a series of seminars throughout the year to meet the demand from our membership, and their colleagues and associates for more professional events of this kind.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Nasdaq Dubai to provide Claritas preparation course
- Alhosn hosts architectural expo in Abu Dhabi
- University in pay row with Bahraini faculty
- Bahrain to host novel protocol training programme
- Bahrain jobless rate 'very low'
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm