Alliance to offer retail banking certification
Dubai, December 5, 2012
The Emirates Institute of Banking and Finance Studies (EIBFS) and the International Academy of Retail Banking (IARB) have formed a partnership to provide education and certification to professionals working in the UAE’s retail banking industry.
IARB is a division of the London-based Lafferty Group, which provides education, research and intelligence in the fields of retail banking and payments to financial institutions worldwide.
It offers programmes and certifications for high achievers in the retail banking sector at three levels – foundation, intermediate and expert.
Retail bankers who have completed their studies successfully and passed the Expert examination of the academy will become members of IARB and become entitled to use the designation CIRB – Certified International Retail Banker.
Jamal Al-Jassmi, general manager of EIBFS, said the partnership with the IARB is a major development for the banking industry in the Gulf. “Banks in the region attach great importance to providing clients with world-class standards of retail banking. They support the concept of retail banking being a profession like accountancy and law”, he said.
Michael Lafferty, chairman of Lafferty Group, said: “The academy is dedicated to enabling the highest standards of professionalism in the conduct of retail banking. Members will also have access to an unmatched international network of professional retail bankers and to a specialist research facility. Lafferty is proud and honored to be working with the EIBFS.”
The academy has developed its own proprietary coursework and recruited a core faculty of senior retail bankers from around the world.
In 2013, academic programmes will be held in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, South Africa and Egypt – as well as Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam and the UK. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games