Batelco launches new mentoring programme
Manama, December 9, 2012
Batelco, Bahrain’s leading telecom company has launched a new mentoring programme, as part of its training and development schemes.
The programme will pair graduate trainees with members of Batelco’s management teams or general staff members who have specialized skills in key areas. The mentors, who are volunteering their time to support the trainees, have all participated in training sessions and workshops to learn the skills needed to be effective mentors.
A workshop has also taken place for the selected trainees who have been chosen as mentees. The mentees have been selected due to their strong work ethic and enthusiastic approach in the workplace.
Batelco general manager HR Bahrain Suhaila Alnowakhda said that the innovative programme is part of a comprehensive skills development programme which aims to enhance the wide range of training and development opportunities available within the company.
Batelco manager HR Training & Development Shaikh Bader Al Khalifa, who is leading the new initiative, said that the programme promised to be a great development vehicle for Batelco’s young talents.
“We are very keen to ensure the success of this programme and develop it into a leading initiative that others will aspire to follow,” he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA