Pay rise for Bahrain govt staff in Jan
Manama, December 25, 2012
All government staff in Bahrain will be eligible for annual pay rises starting next month, said a top official.
A review of salaries will get underway on January 1 and employees with good performance records will be eligible, the Civil Service Bureau (CSB) head Ahmed bin Zayed Al Zayed was quoted as saying in our sister publication, the Gulf Daily News.
“Government employees, according to the grading and salary scale approved by the CSB, will be eligible to an annual increment of one rank in the current band,” said the policies and procedures director Salahuddin Abdulrahman Al Ajlan.
“The policy states that employees will be eligible for the increment based on the following – employment service exceeds six months, last increment was issued before one calendar year and a satisfactory performance level.”
Employees hired on part-time, temporary or consultancy basis will not be eligible.
“Employees with unsatisfactory performance will not be eligible for the annual increment. However, the performance of the said employee will be reviewed during a given period and if found satisfactory, the employee will be eligible,” said Al Ajlan. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry
- 80 Qatari youth complete leadership programme
- Qatar launches Josoor Institute
- Gess launches GCC education awards