Mobily inks key Saudization deal
Riyadh, December 25, 2012
Etihad Etisalat (Mobily), a major player in the Saudi telecommunications sector, said it has signed a strategic co-operation agreement with the Ministry of Labor in line with its Saudization strategy.
The deal was signed in the presence of the Minister of Labor Adel Fakeih, and the managing director and CEO of Mobily Kalid Al Kaf, at the Ritz Carlton hotel in Riyadh.
Both sides later discussed the role of technology and telecommunications services in developing work environment within the private sector.
Speaking at the meeting, Adel Fakeih said the ministry was taking great efforts to provide employment opportunities for Saudi youth.
Lauding the ministry's efforts, Khalid Al Kaf said one of Mobily’s strategic goals was to create the best work environment in the Kingdom by empowering employees to develop all opportunities and innovative solutions that will contribute to the development of work within the company.
Moreover, Mobily supports resettled jobs by creating innovative career opportunities for Saudi women allowing them to work from their homes, said the company chief.
According to him, Mobily has an advanced infrastructure with high potential that would serve the government sectors and institutions.
The telecom firm, he said, owns more than 28 data centers and plans to build another 16 additional centers that will be completed over the next year.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry