Al Ahlia honoured for Omanization drive
Muscat, December 26, 2012
Al Ahlia Insurance Company was recently honoured by Oman’s Ministry of Manpower for its contributions to employment generation and Omanization drive.
The award function at Al Bustan Palace was presided over by Dr Yahya bin Mahfoudh Al Manthri – chairman of the State Council.
Al Ahlia was awarded for its efforts as a private sector firm in the field of providing employment opportunities to the Omani nationals for the year 2012.
Llyod East, managing director, Al Ahlia, said: “It is indeed a big achievement for us. We are proud that we have achieved the required Omanization level, before the closing of the year. Creating more jobs for Omani nationals is definitely our mission, and at the same time, we want to create more growth opportunities for our existing staff, in the overall interest of the organisation.
“Thus, we pursue HR policies, which are focused on both building human capacity and creating rewarding career opportunities.”
In line with its approach to develop the most vital human resource, Al Ahlia has some of its junior technical employees undertaking the prestigious Fellowship Certificate in Insurance (ACII). Al Ahlia has also delivered over 3,200 hours of training across all locations, to ensure that its staff has the required knowledge to serve the customers better, a statement said.
“To benefit Oman’s insurance industry as a whole, we even held various technical seminars for our channel partners and customers,” added Omar Al Maharizi, head of Human Resources.
“Apart from our existing global technical academy, we launched ‘Learning Zone’ intranet site to assist our staff members to participate in online training modules and develop their insurance and general management skills.”
Recognised as the ‘Oman Insurer of the Year’ for the second year at the prestigious Mena Insurance Awards 2012, Al Ahlia Insurance is the oldest amongst the national insurance companies in the non-life insurance sector in Oman. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- UAE companies set to hire more freshers
- Gulf education expo brand enters Mexico
- Nasdaq Dubai to provide Claritas preparation course
- Alhosn hosts architectural expo in Abu Dhabi
- University in pay row with Bahraini faculty
- Bahrain to host novel protocol training programme
- Bahrain jobless rate 'very low'
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle