Gulf Air to recruit Bahrain Air pilots
Manama, March 9, 2013
Bahrain’s national carrier Gulf Air in a major move has started recruitment of all Bahraini pilots who have been affected by the closure of Bahrain Air in line with nationalisation strategy.
Gulf Air said the Bahrain Air pilots have been contacted by the airline and all pilots who successfully complete this process will be offered appropriate positions at the national carrier.
The decision highlights Gulf Air’s on-going commitment to filling as many positions as it can with skilled and qualified nationals, with specific focus on specialist aviation professionals such as pilots, said the airline in its statement.
Gulf Air’s decision was welcomed by the Ministry of Labour and a number of MPs who recognised the national carrier’s commitment to Bahrainisation and its continuous efforts to develop a national workforce of aviation professionals as it implements a restructuring strategy to put the airline on a path towards sustainability and create a dynamic and efficient national carrier that will better serve the Kingdom.
Despite going through a restructuring process that involves reduction in its workforce, no Bahraini pilots have been affected by the process and the airline remains committed to providing opportunities for as many Bahraini pilots as possible, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA