Bahrain businesswomen to attend UK forum
Manama, March 20, 2013
Bahrain Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BCCI) is taking part in the 'Arab Women and Global Economy Forum' in London, represented by chairperson of the businesswomen's committee Afnan Al Zayani.
BCCI is also represented by chairman of promotion, exhibitions and conferences committee and member of the board Kadhim Isa Al Saeed, who will present a working paper on the role of women in economic development.
The event will see participation from top businessmen and businesswomen from the Gulf, Arab and European states.
The forum, held with support from the Arab and British Chamber of Commerce, as well as Bahrain's Businesswomen's Society and under the patronage of Dr Shaikha Hind Abdulaziz Al Qassimi, aims to provide a distinctive platform to promote dialogue between Arab businessmen and businesswomen and their Western counterparts.
The forum also provides understanding of the role of Gulf and Arab women in public life, in governmental and non-governmental institutions, as well as in commercial and academic institutions.
BCCI's participation is a contribution to the efforts aimed at highlighting the role of Arab women, expanding co-operation to consolidate the concept of communication, extending co-operation bridges and creating joint partnerships. The forum will take place tomorrow and on Friday.-TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry