Tamkeen to manage career programme
Manama, April 16, 2013
A career progression programme, aimed to enhance capabilities of Bahraini employees, will now be managed by Tamkeen, the kingdom’s labour fund, a report said.
The programme, previously run by BDO Bahrain, will be held at the newly opened Career Progression Office in Amwaj Islands where new applications and enrolments will be handled, according to the report in the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
However, existing beneficiaries will still be handled by BDO Bahrain.
The initiative, launched in 2007, has benefited 12,000 people with more than BD18 million ($47.4 million) spent and seeks to address skill gaps in the market by providing training opportunities to Bahraini employees.
Tamkeen human capital development acting vice-president Amal Al Kooheji said the decision was part of a larger strategy that seeks to improve the company's services. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- 80 Qatari youth complete leadership programme
- Qatar launches Josoor Institute
- Gess launches GCC education awards
- Professional social media jobs urged
- DFM opens educational trading floor at varsity
- Bahrain SMEs sector 'vital to economy'
- Bahrain to host entrepreneurship forum
- HBMeU, Fujairah College sign education pact
- Oil industry struggling to attract women, says survey
- Etihad, HCT sign pact for education centre