Al-Futtaim to back Emiratisation at job fair
Dubai, April 22, 2013
Dubai-based Al-Futtaim, a leading business house, will support the UAE’s youth by offering employment opportunities within the group’s diverse industries at a major upcoming careers event in Dubai.
Careers UAE 2013 will be held at the Dubai World Trade Centre from April 30 to May 2.
The UAE’s private sector will play a pivotal role in helping the UAE government’s Emiratisation strategy gather momentum in 2013, said Zuhair Al Haj, Al-Futtaim’s director of HR and Localisation – Mena.
He said that young Emiratis’ contribution to a private sector-driven economy is a key component for a holistically sustainable economic landscape.
“Al-Futtaim is a staunch advocate of the government’s Emiratisation policy and our participation at events that focus on job opportunities for our youth is a major component of our efforts to create awareness amongst Emiratis that the private sector offers employment opportunities for career-oriented individuals,” he added.
Al-Futtaim is widely recognised as an employer of choice as a result of the group’s Emiratisation initiative Mehmal Al Marifa and its many recruitment initiatives that are acknowledged as industry benchmarks.
“A-Futtaim is aligned with the UAE government directive of integrating UAE Nationals which we have demonstrated through our support of the Absher, Tanmia and Tawteen initiatives by launching programmes designed to provide employment opportunities to many Emirati housewives and graduates,” noted Al Haj.
In addition to having many representatives from Al-Futtaim at the Career Fair, young UAE Nationals will also have the opportunity to interact with UAE Nationals currently employed by the group. This will give them first hand feedback on Al-Futtaim, its work culture and the overall working experience, a statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014