22 Alba employees receive top honours
, May 9, 2013
Twenty-two Aluminium Bahrain (Alba)’s employees were amongst a select group of 150 workers from different companies in the Kingdom who were honoured for their outstanding performance during a recent ceremony marking the International Labour Day.
Held under the patronage of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, the honouring ceremony was organised by the Bahrain Free Labour Federation (Al Hurr).
Representing His Majesty the King at the event was the Minister of Labour, Jameel Humaidan, who presented the awards, a statement from the company said.
Alba’s chief executive, Tim Murray; chief operations officer, Isa Al Ansari; and acting finance & supply officer, Ali Al Baqali; were present at the ceremony.
Also present were other senior officials from the company.
"For all of us here at Alba, it always gives us a sense of pride when our employees are recognised for their outstanding performance at the national stage,” Murray said. “It provides clear indication that the company is going on the right track as employees are able to give their best and produce results. On behalf of everyone in the company, I congratulate each and every one of the 22 employees for their award and wish them continued success.”
Alba Labour Union – in co-operation with the Bahrain National Guard and Alba’s executive management – had also organised a Family Day to mark the International Labour Day. The event was organised for employees and their families and included games for children of all ages, wide selection of refreshments, and entertainment activities such as live music, pottery, face painting, henna and pony riding along with a raffle draw with attractive prizes. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA