Tamkeen to host “A9eel in School”
Manama, June 18, 2013
Students from 11 secondary schools across the country will showcase their creative projects at the final ceremony of the "A9eel in School" programme for the school year 2012/2013, to be held at the Seef Mall west expansion tomorrow (June 19).
The ceremony organised by Tamkeen, in partnership with the Ministry of Education is part of its efforts to develop Bahraini human capital to match the requirements of the labour market and make Bahrainis the employees of choice.
The A9eel in school programme covers a 12-unit module delivered in experiential learning structure during one academic semester in preparation for the final competition, in which the best project on a predetermined theme is selected. This year’s projects focus on community service and development.
Amal Al Kooheji, Tamkeen’s acting VP for human capital development, said: “A9eel in school is one of the key programmes that we offer to support young talents in the kingdom, develop Bahraini skills, and instil work ethics among the youths to help them contribute efficiently to the national economy."
“The competition represents the culmination of the participating students’ efforts throughout the academic year, where they will be able to showcase the work ethic and knowledge that they have learned in an environment that simulates that demands and requirements of the commercial sector," said Sheikh Hesham bin Abdul-Aziz Al Khalifa, the undersecretary for resources and services at the Ministry of Education. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry