Ericsson launches ICT training in Bahrain
Manama, July 1, 2013
Ericsson has launched a yearlong training programme in Bahrain for recent graduates, aiming to develop their technical skills, and prepare them for employment opportunities in the ICT industry.
Throughout the year, talented Bahrainis will be given the opportunity to learn about potential careers as they receive formal and intensive training. The young professionals will cultivate their skills by experiencing hands-on training with advanced ICT technologies, LTE being chief among them.
“Since starting this training initiative, we at Ericsson have had a unique opportunity to connect with driven young professionals in a working environment, and are providing them with insights into the ICT industry,” said Christiane Kamar, managing director of Ericsson Bahrain.
“Demands on data are growing and the telecommunications industry is becoming more complex with the widespread adoption of LTE, making this a turning point for us and an interesting time to learn. We aim to provide the participants who are newly entering the workforce with a powerful experience, filled with challenges and exposure to key areas in our field in order to boost their career growth.”
In addition to LTE, Ericsson has identified Operating & Business Support Systems (OSS/BSS), Managed Services, Radio and Core Networks as growing areas in the industry, and has tailored the internships around these topics. – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair
- Canadian University of Dubai signs deal with CIMA