Tamkeen wins Arab award for Facebook page
Manama, July 4, 2013
The Facebook page of Tamkeen, Bahrain’s labour fund, has won the award for best interactivity at the fifth Arab eGovernment Awards in Dubai.
Tamkeen marketing communication manager Hala Sulaiman accepted the award in the ceremony attended by senior officials and thought leaders of the digital sector across the Arab world, reported the Gulf Daily News.
Tamkeen was the only Bahraini entity nominated for the award.
The award is the third regional award that Tamkeen has won in the past year.
Commenting on the occasion, Tamkeen chief executive Mahmood Al Kooheji said: "Bahrain has always been a pioneer in the e-sector and is ranked among the world's top countries in this area.
"As such, we are honoured to represent the country in this leading event which seeks to enhance governmental communication in the digital realm to improve services to citizens, promote the creative spirit and build knowledge-based economies, all of which are in line with Tamkeen's objectives." – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle
- GCC education sector short of 200,000 professionals
- Rosetta Stone buys language-learning firm
- Focus on special needs education
- NIIT signs deal with Com Group
- iPads replace textbooks in 75 Saudi schools
- 250 students tour aviation training facility in Abu Dhabi
- 40 Jordanian students showcase apps, games
- New Indian school opens in Dubai
- Sharp to showcase educational products at Gess2014
- Qatar science park offers training to tech entrepreneurs
- Bahrain Indian School opens new campus
- Labour reforms 'key to job creation'
- Petroleum services training centre opened in Dammam
- Silatech, Spark to partner on youth work
- Spencer Ogden opens Dubai office
- Indian School to inaugurate new campus in Riffa
- Bahrain private school shut down for safety lapses
- UAE Exchange recruits 126 Emiratis
- New-look buses for Bahrain schools
- 30 students on WCMC-Q Dean's Honor List
- Saudi to set up new women's university