New graduates join Qatar Rail
Doha, July 11, 2013
The first batch of Qatari fresh graduates joined the Qatar Railways Company, increasing the percentage of Qatari nationals in Qatar Rail to 32 per cent.
The intake follows the Qatar Career Fair held recently by the Ministry of Labour to develop local talent. Qatar Rail provides sponsorship and internship efforts to Qatari nationals, as part of the country’s nationalisation drive, said a statement.
“We at Qatar Rail believe that rewarding careers empower Qatari youth to take charge of their own future and enable them to make informed choices and decisions about their prospects in the Qatari workforce, “said Meshal Abdulla Al Obeidan, executive director of administration.
The new recruits went through a five-day orientation programme before joining the company. It included information about all the aspects of work flow at the company, interaction with different departments, a site visit to Lusail and a Qatar Rail documentary, said the statement.
“As Qatar is rapidly growing in so many arenas, it is important that young Qataris are involved into challenging fields and understand how to run mega projects, and Qatar Rail is a great place to have such experience,” said Al Obeidan. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry