Deloitte, IRTI sign training initiative deal
Jeddah, July 14, 2013
The Deloitte Islamic Finance Knowledge Center (IFKC) in the Middle East has signed a deal with the Jeddah-based Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI) for a collaborative training initiative.
The initiative seeks to develop a competency-based training (CBT) programme in different practice areas of the Islamic Finance and Takaful (IFT) industry, said a statement.
“This initiative between Deloitte and IRTI draws on the importance of collaboration among industry stakeholders to strengthen knowledge-sharing process and address the industry challenges and market practices. In particular this collaboration aims to streamline professional education and capacity building in Islamic finance,” said Joseph El Fadl, regional leader global FSI at Deloitte Middle East.
“IRTI considers IFKC as a strategic partner to inspire and deliver cutting edge research, capacity building, and information services in the area of Islamic economics and finance,” said professor Mohammad Azmi Omar, director general of the IRTI.
The 2013 Stability report by the Islamic Finance Service Board (IFSB) states that ‘some of the remaining challenges to be overcome include the development of human capital which increases with the development of innovative Islamic financial products and services’.
The four key objectives identified to provide ‘Continued Professional Development’ and Executive Education programmes for industry stakeholders are to strengthen collaborative approach; to provide high quality practitioner training and support; to assist clients, developing talent management strategies and competency-based training approach in Islamic finance practice; and to set the standards of professional excellence and good practices of leadership development in Islamic finance, said the statement. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- UAE companies set to hire more freshers
- Gulf education expo brand enters Mexico
- Nasdaq Dubai to provide Claritas preparation course
- Alhosn hosts architectural expo in Abu Dhabi
- University in pay row with Bahraini faculty
- Bahrain to host novel protocol training programme
- Bahrain jobless rate 'very low'
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle