WCMC-Q welcomes new batch
Doha, August 25, 2013
Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar (WCMC-Q) conducted a week of orientation exercises for its new batch of students.
The new students, who have joined the college’s foundation and pre-medical programmes, took part in a series of sessions designed to introduce them to their classmates, faculty members and life at WCMC-Q, said a statement.
The five-day programme of events, which ran from August 18 to 22, also included sessions to introduce students to the university’s electronic library, computer services and key study and time-management skills, it said.
Dr Javaid Sheikh, dean of WCMC-Q, said: “The enthusiasm, optimism and energy of the students is wonderful to see and gives us great hope that they will meet and overcome the challenges that lie ahead on the foundation and pre-medical courses. With hard work and dedication these young people can become part of the new generation of doctors that we at WCMC-Q are helping to produce here in Qatar.”
Students on WCMC-Q’s two-year pre-medical programme will take courses in biological science, chemistry, physics and calculus in the first year, while in the second year courses tackle subjects including neuroscience, medical ethics, human genetics, organic chemistry and immunology. Successful completion of the pre-med course prepares students to take WCMC-Q’s four-year medical course.
The foundation course covers the basic sciences, English and mathematics, and prepares students for the pre-med course. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- NBAD partners with top business school
- MBS to launch new MBA programme in Dubai
- EU equity buys Cambridge Education for $304m
- Etisalat hosts mobile learning conference
- Abu Dhabi Police partners with Harvard University
- Distraction at work big problem, says Mena study
- Saudi must boost private sector to meet jobs demand: IMF
- Oman college joins SAP dual study programme
- J4B jobs portal a boon for Bahrainis
- Qatar college hosts recruitment fair