Dow backs youth science training in Kuwait
Kuwait, August 26, 2013
The Dow Chemical Company has announced its sponsorship support for the Kuwait Institute for Scientific Research’s (KISR) 36th annual summer training course.
Over 150 highly skilled and talented high school and university students from around the country are expected to take part in the KISR summer training course which will take place over the course of one month.
This program titled “Biodiversity, The Essence of Life” allows students to take part in science activities and experiments in the fields of biological sciences, chemistry, genetics and water resources in an effort to enhance their knowledge in those fields through firsthand experience.
“We are happy to, once again, extend our support to the summer training course as it fills a critical gap during the summer months and we look forward to further partnerships with KISR,” said Jamel Attal, managing director, Dow in Kuwait.
“At Dow, we are committed to supporting science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education in order to develop young talent and help them become the innovators of the future.”
“The KISR summer training course is designed to enrich the students’ experience and encourage them in their fields of interest,” said Dr Naji Al-Mutairi, director general, KISR. “We look forward to successful sessions with our students and we’re glad to have the support of key industry players such as Dow.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- SABB launches graduates programme
- DIAC ties up with business contest
- Australian open university in ME tie-up
- California ‘top destination for UAE students’
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry