British Council to present UK opportunities
Dubai, September 16, 2013
British Council, the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities, is set to host an exhibition in the UAE to highlight prospects presented by UK universities.
The Education UK Exhibition ‘Edukex 2013’ will be held on September 24 at the Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel and Resort and from September 25 to 26 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
More than 3,200 UAE students are currently studying in the UK, representing an increase of five percent over the 2011-12 academic year, said a recent report.
British Council’s target for UAE students completing their higher education studies in the UK during 2013-2014 academic year is 4,000, which represents an increase of 20 per cent over the previous year.
Marc Jessel, country director, British Council, UAE, said: “This year, we have brought forward Edukex in Dubai and Abu Dhabi to create space for preliminary talks with UAE students keen to study in the UK.”
“More than 45 UK universities will be highlighting their latest academic programmes at the show. We anticipate significant insights will be provided to students and parents alike.”
The UK education system enjoys a high reputation among UAE students as a gateway to acquiring skills that would enable them to compete effectively in the global job market.
Jessel stressed that the show also seeks to build long-term institutional and individual links between higher education institutions in the UAE and the UK. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- Deloitte launches university for Europe, MEA
- Masdar joins Royal Society of Chemistry
- 77pc of Bahrain workforce 'are expats'
- Tawdheef to snap up Emirati talent
- Bayt.com launches new people search tool
- EF partners with Saudi education ministry
- 80 Qatari youth complete leadership programme
- Qatar launches Josoor Institute
- Gess launches GCC education awards
- Professional social media jobs urged