Mubadala to host youth forum
Abu Dhabi, September 18, 2013
More than 800 Emirati youth and business leaders are set to interact and explore career opportunities and requisites at a conference to be hosted by Abu Dhabi-based investment and development company Mubadala.
The third annual Youth Forum will take place on September 24 at the St Regis Hotel, Saadiyat Island and is an integral component of the company’s youth platform, Weyana, which aims to prepare today’s youth for the vital role they will play in the UAE’s economic and social development, said a statement.
Leading Emirati figures in business, academia and a range of more unconventional professions will be on hand to share their career journeys and discuss where to start when exploring the diverse range of professional prospects on offer to graduates.
They will share inspiring anecdotes of their personal experiences in finding the paths that led them to their current roles.
CEO Khaldoon Khalifa Al Mubarak: “Young people are vital to our country’s long term economic and social development. Not only does the forum aim to spark inspiration for their paths to professional advancement, but its sessions will provideinformation, guidance and encouragement to help them choose careers that suit them.”
A highlight of the event will be a series of presentations by young Emirati nationals in unconventional careers from culinary blogging to wilderness photography, said the statement.
In an effort to cater for Emirati students abroad or those who are unable to attend the forum, the event’s activities will be streamed live on weyana.ae, it said. - TradeArabia News Service
More Education, HR & Training Stories
- UAE companies set to hire more freshers
- Gulf education expo brand enters Mexico
- Nasdaq Dubai to provide Claritas preparation course
- Alhosn hosts architectural expo in Abu Dhabi
- University in pay row with Bahraini faculty
- Bahrain to host novel protocol training programme
- Bahrain jobless rate 'very low'
- University of Ain Shams opens MS treatment unit
- Masdar Institute launches BP scholarship programme
- New 'Indian' school to open in Bahrain
- Qapco to fund 6 Qatar University projects
- CIMA unveils innovative syllabus for 2015
- 100 experts for Dubai HR summit
- J4B marks first year with Tamkeen backing
- Saudi CEOs ‘highest paid in GCC’
- UAE ministry seals Microsoft deal
- Pact signed for UAE girls students' development
- Bahrain private school to resume classes
- BIBF signs deal with Palestinian institute
- Number of Omani working women soars
- Bayt.com launches Employer of Choice Awards
- Rota interview to screen youth conference applicants
- Experts discuss ways to build talented aviation workforce
- Top e-learning experts at Dubai summit
- Top education experts win GESS awards
- Bahrainis top GCC nationals seeking Saudi jobs
- Transguard launches graduate trainee programme
- Applications invited for Bahrain scholarship
- New technology training for educators
- Mubadala tie-up promotes healthy lifestyle